It looks as if Rachael Ray has unhealthy luck in relation to shopping for properties.
The movie star chef’s Manhattan apartment was just lately flooded by Hurricane Ida. The occasion occurred only a year after the 53-year-old’s earlier upstate New York house was burned down in a fireplace.
“Ida took it out. And I mean, out. Down hard,” Ray defined to People. “Like, literally every speaker in the ceiling, the fireplace, every seam in the wall… It was like the apartment just literally melted, like in ‘Wicked’ or something.”
“They put up their fans and their humidifiers. And then, they make a hole in the wall and break the main water pipe and flood the entire building down to the first floor, from our apartment on the sixth floor,” the Food Network star stated. “Tell me you would not feel like a kicked can.”
She added that her husband John Cusimano completed renovations on the New York City house and after a remediation staff got here in, extra harm was sadly achieved.
Ray’s upstate house was burned down by chance resulting from her chimney. She had been dwelling there for over 15 years and moved her eponymous TV present there throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
“On August 9th, my house burned. 15 years of memories; 40 years of notebooks, drawings, thoughts, my life’s work,” Ray stated on her present final year. “It took about one hour for this house to come down – and in my mind it took decades before it was even built. In the years that I lived here, I learned an awful lot. In the few weeks since it burned I think I’ve learned even more. Today we’re going to share what’s left of our home with you.”
A month later, she shared with followers pictures of the rubble left from the fireplace. “This is what’s left of our house, today. Sharing our story + what we’ve learned in a very unusual @rachaelrayshow premiere. Thank you to all our first responders, viewers + friends for their unending support. We are very grateful and mindful of how fortunate we are in many ways,” she tweeted on the time.