The 21-year-old Texas State pupil from Missouri City vanished final December after crashing on his drive house for Christmas break.
HOUSTON — Volunteers with Texas Search and Rescue will help the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office with a brand new search for Jason Landry this weekend. The 21-year-old Texas State pupil from Missouri City vanished final December.
He left San Marcos on his technique to his dad or mum’s home for Christmas break, however crashed his automobile close to Luling. The badly broken automobile was discovered however Jason wasn’t in it.
MORE COVERAGE: Where is Jason Landry?
Investigators inform KHOU 11 they’ve recognized 86 factors of curiosity. Places they plan to ship groups out to look, with the aim of bringing Jason again house to Missouri City.
“I’ve a son who will not be a lot older than Jason and this is a simple case for all of us to establish with as a result of I feel all of our households are an accident away from being in a state of affairs like this,” mentioned Matt Woodruff, a volunteer with TEXSAR.
The locations they will search Saturday have been recognized by synthetic intelligence, principally computer mapping applications to point out them — primarily based on hundreds of pictures of the area — the place Jason could possibly be.
Originally, the one clues they’d have been his automobile with keys and pockets inside, and his garments and backpack discovered down the highway.
‘It’s a ardour and a calling’
Jason’s father, Kent Landry, spoke to KHOU 11 on his drive to Caldwell County to affix the searchers.
“It’s only a ardour and a calling for them. This will not be what pays the payments for them, all of them have on a regular basis jobs, and but right here they’re taking off one other weekend to go and to simply search for our son,” Landry said. “We simply admire all people’s prayers, you realize, for our household and for protected travels and for all of the searchers to be protected this weekend.”
Woodruff and different TEXSAR volunteers aren’t prepared to surrender hope of discovering Jason.
“What we wish to do is deliver closure to that household, if he’s on the market, we wish to know we’ve completed all the things potential that we are able to do to find him and take him house to his household,” mentioned Woodruff.
Investigators have advised KHOU 11 they don’t have any proof of foul play and no proof that leads them to imagine Jason is alive. They’re hoping if they will discover him, they will answer the largest question of what occurred.
Jason Landry timeline
In January, KVUE reported that investigators gained entry to Jason’s cellphone and computer information. Here is what they found.
- Investigators imagine he left his San Marcos condominium round 10:55 p.m. on Dec. 13 with intent to journey to the Missouri City, Texas, area, the place his dad and mom reside.
- At 11:05 p.m., he drives onto Highway 80 and passes below Interstate 35 in San Marcos. He continues south, getting into Caldwell County at 11:07 p.m.
- At 11:11 p.m., he was in Martindale, persevering with south on Highway 80. He passes over SH 130 at 11:15 p.m.
- At 11:17 p.m., he was in Fentress, getting into Prarie Lea at 11:19 p.m., then the Stairtown area at 11:21 p.m.
- At 11:24 p.m., he entered Luling, nonetheless on Highway 180. As he goes by means of the intersection with Hackberry Street the place Highway 80 turns into Austin Street, he quits utilizing the Waze mapping application and beings utilizing Snapchat on his cellphone. He then continues on Austin Street to the intersection with US 183 (Magnolia Avenue).
- It’s believed he continued straight by means of this intersection, however his digital footprint stops right here. Investigators suppose he continued on East Austin and onto Sprice Street, which turns into Salt Flat Road. His car was discovered right here on the 2300 block round 12:31 a.m.
A $10,000 reward is being supplied for info that results in Jason Landry.