“I’ve done this exact same thing in the exact same kitchen with the exact same pan a thousand times and never, ever has something like this happened,” Clarissa mentioned.
THE WOODLANDS, Texas — An elementary college instructor in The Woodlands remains to be recovering after being badly burned in a cooking accident at her dwelling final week.
Clarissa Montgomery acquired first, second and third-degree burns on 30% of her body after a pan of oil fell.
“I’ve done this exact same thing in the exact same kitchen with the exact same pan a thousand times and never, ever has something like this happened,” Montgomery mentioned.
Last Monday, a pan of boiling cooking oil she was utilizing to make tortilla chips toppled over.
“The entire pan fell onto me after which I slipped into what had pooled on the tile,” Montgomery mentioned.
Her husband heard the commotion.
“I simply heard a loud crash after which screams from there and didn’t actually know what to do different than I believed we would have liked to get her garments off of her as a result of it was burning her,” Mark Montgomery mentioned.
Clarissa Montgomery was admitted to the burn unit at Memorial Hermann on Wednesday. She mentioned she’s was taking it day-by-day however now’s taking it hour-by-hour for the reason that ache is getting worse and a few of her wounds have develop into contaminated.
“I just discovered that there are some third-degree burns and so now we’re talking about skin grafting,” she mentioned.
She stays hopeful that she’ll quickly return to Deretchin Elementary School totally recovered.
Clarissa Montgomery mentioned her life modified in the break up second however the help from these round her has stored her going.
“It’s OK,” she mentioned. “We’ll get through it.”