How the “nonpartisan” Center for Tech and Civic Life helped sway the election for Democrats, in accordance with Mollie Hemingway’s ebook “Rigged: How the Media, Big Tech, aand the Democrats Seized Our Elections.”
- The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, a company led by Mark Zuckerberg’s spouse Priscilla Chan, gave greater than $350 million to CTCL in 2020. In 2018, CTCL’s funds had been solely $1.4 million.
- One of CTCL’s founders is Tiana Epps-Johnson, a former Obama Foundation fellow who beforehand labored on the Voting Rights Project for the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, a politically liberal advocacy group funded by progressive powerhouse foundations resembling George Soros’ Open Society Foundations. Epps-Johnson based CTCL with Whitney May and Donny Bridges. All three labored on activism regarding election guidelines till 2015 for the New Organizing Institute, which The Washington Post described as “the Democratic Party’s Hogwarts for digital wizardry.”
- According to the Foundation for Government Accountability, Georgia obtained greater than $31 million in Zuck Bucks for the basic election alone, considered one of the highest quantities in the nation. It labored out to almost 9 % of all Zuckerberg funding, despite the fact that Georgia has simply over 3 % of the nation’s inhabitants.
- The money was not spent on COVID-related points. For occasion, the three counties that obtained the most Zuck Buck funding spent just one.3 % of that funding on personal protecting tools. The relaxation was spent on salaries, laptops, car leases, attorneys’ charges for public information requests, mail-in balloting and different measures that allowed elections workplaces to hire activists to work the election.
n Not all 159 counties in Georgia obtained the funding. Of those who did, Trump-voting counties obtained a mean of $1.91 per registered voter, whereas Biden-voting counties obtained, on common, $7.13 per voter.
- Trump received Georgia by greater than 5 factors in 2016. He lost it by three-tenths of a share level in 2020. On common, as a share of the two-party vote, most counties moved Democratic by lower than one share level in that point. Counties that didn’t obtain Zuck Bucks confirmed hardly any motion, however counties that have been funded by Zuck Bucks moved, on common, 2.3 share factors extra Democratic.
- Democratic counties in Pennsylvania additionally have been focused for Zuck Buck infusions. The Capital Research Center decided that Biden received eight of the 10 highest-funded CTCL counties in the state, which collectively obtained $21,047,163, or greater than 95 % of all grants statewide.
- A Biden-winning county was over 3.5 occasions extra prone to be funded by CTCL than a Trump-winning county. Trump counties obtained a mean of $0.59 per capita, whereas Biden counties averaged $2.85 per capita.
- Philadelphia, the most richly funded Biden county, obtained $6.32 per capita, in comparison with a mere $1.12 for Berks, the most richly funded Trump county.