LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – A bonus for Cosmopolitan employees in Las Vegas is in the near future, but first, they have to be vaccinated. The resort said in a statement on Tuesday that it would commit to paying upwards of $ 1M in total cash bonuses, with 80% of employees receiving their first dose by May 1.
The resort sent the following statement:
In response to the Nevada Gaming Control Board’s clear direction to gaming companies to accelerate their staff vaccinations effective April 13, Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will launch the next phase of its COVID-19 vaccination plan as the resort remains operational . Health and safety measures. To encourage employees to receive the vaccine as soon as possible, the resort will commit to paying more than $ 1M in total cash bonuses. By 1 May 80% of the workforce should receive the first dose. Employees who are yet to receive the vaccine are encouraged to take advantage of the resort’s free onsite vaccination clinic. Employees who do not want to be vaccinated will have to be tested weekly. “
- Unconstitutional employees will be required to provide results of two negative PCR tests a week with COVID-19 as an effective method for potentially positive detection and isolation.
- Employees working four or more days a week must be tested twice per week, while employees working three or less days must be tested once per week.
- Under the direct advice of medical professionals, one PCR test is recommended per 72 hours.
- Free COVID-19 testing is available to employees at any publicly available COVID-testing site throughout the city.
- Additionally, as a benefit, employees can take advantage of on-site testing. The resort will fully cover the cost of the COVID-19 test ($ 100), and the employee will be responsible for covering the third party vendor’s facility / on-site staffing fee at $ 30. The resort has committed to pay upwards of $ 1. M for employees. If 80% of the workforce receives the vaccine by May 1, employees will be given an additional tiered cash bonus for 60% and 70% positive vaccination rates. .
“According to federal, state and city health officials, we believe that accelerating the vaccination process is the most effective and integral step towards ensuring the safety of our employees and our guests and the successful return of our city trip.” “As an industry, we know that the time is to work towards our shared goal of preserving our employees and welcoming guests back to the destination.”
William McBath, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
On March 22, Cosmopolitan became the first strip resort-casino to provide free onsite vaccinations for more than 4,000 employees and their immediate household members.
During 2020, Cosmopolitan invested more and more. $ 40M In COVID-19 relief efforts, salaries and benefits to employees, comprehensive safeguards and supplies, implemented and established throughout resort, health and safety educational training programs.