Facts, not concern: We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
SAN ANTONIO — We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas. Here are the most recent numbers reported by Bexar and surrounding counties:
- Bexar County: On Tuesday, 1,348 new instances have been reported, bringing the whole variety of instances to 184,784. No new deaths have been reported, so the native demise toll stays at 2,362. The county’s first two confirmed instances of the brand new UK variant have been additionally reported.
- Hays County: On Tuesday, officers reported 114 new instances within the county and two extra COVID-related fatalities. As of Tuesday, there are a complete of 15,709 lab-confirmed native instances, whereas the demise toll elevated to 200. Officials estimate 13,877 residents have recovered, whereas 1,632 are nonetheless ailing with the virus.
- Comal County: On Wednesday, officers reported 114 new instances and no extra COVID-related fatalities. There are a complete of 8,685 instances, together with 4,554 confirmed and 4,112 possible instances, whereas 269 county residents have died attributable to COVID-19 problems. The county estimates 7,794 residents have recovered, whereas 622 are nonetheless ailing with the virus. The county’s first two confirmed instances of the brand new UK variant have been additionally reported.
More county case data is accessible by way of the Texas Department of Health Services COVID-19 dashboard.
Stay up to date with our newest data on coronavirus vaccines and native vaccine distribution with our ongoing Vaccine Tracker.
How Bexar County is trending
We’ve tracked what number of coronavirus instances have been confirmed in Bexar County from the time officers started reporting instances in March 2020. The graphic beneath reveals the variety of instances since June and charts these day by day case numbers alongside a 7-day transferring common to offer a extra correct image of the general coronavirus case curve in our space and the course we’re trending amid the pandemic.
On Tuesday, San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg reported a further 1,348 coronavirus instances in Bexar County, elevating the native whole to 184,784 diagnoses because the pandemic started. The seven-day transferring common for day by day new instances elevated barely to 935.
No new deaths have been reported by Nirenberg on Tuesday, and so the native demise toll from virus problems stays at 2,362.
Hospitalizations continued not off course – downward – on Tuesday, with 884 county residents receiving remedy for their signs at native amenities. That’s the primary time native hospitalizations have been below 900 since Dec. 21, and 884 is the bottom that determine has been since Dec. 20.
Of these 884 sufferers, 198 are on ventilators and 341 are intensive care; each figures are down from Monday.
Coronavirus in Texas
The whole variety of novel coronavirus instances within the state because the pandemic started grew by 13,523 on Tuesday, in keeping with the Texas Department of State Health Services. That whole consists of 10,378 new confirmed instances, 2,588 new possible instances, and a backlog of 557. More particulars might be discovered on this page.
Tuesday’s figures convey the whole variety of Texans identified with COVID-19 to greater than 2.504 million.
Meanwhile, state well being authorities reported one other 301 deaths from coronavirus problems in Texas. In all, 39,001 Texans have died from COVID-19.
The variety of COVID-19 sufferers receiving remedy for their signs all through Texas stood pat at 9,401 on Tuesday, following 13 straight days of declining ranges. Still, 9,401 is the bottom that the general COVID-19 hospitalizations determine has been for the Lone Star State since Dec. 13.
The state, in the meantime, estimates that about 2.125 million Texans have recovered, whereas 322,999 Texans stay ailing with COVID-19.
The newest replace from the Texas Education Agency confirmed that there have been at the very least 162,723 cumulative instances amongst employees and college students on Texas public college campuses by way of January 31. That quantity includes 104,365 optimistic scholar instances and 58,358 employees instances. More information can be found here.
The TEA releases new knowledge on college instances on Fridays.
[VIEW: PREVIOUS DAY’S TRACKER]
Latest Coronavirus Headlines
The signs of coronavirus might be just like the flu or a foul chilly. Symptoms embody fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, in keeping with the Centers for Disease Control.
Most wholesome folks may have gentle signs. A research of greater than 72,000 sufferers by the Centers for Disease Control in China confirmed 80 p.c of the instances there have been gentle.
But infections could cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even demise, in keeping with the World Health Organization. Older folks with underlying well being circumstances are most in danger.
Experts decided there was constant proof these circumstances enhance an individual’s danger, no matter age:
- Chronic kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Obesity (BMI of 30 or greater)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from stable organ transplant
- Serious coronary heart circumstances, corresponding to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Type 2 diabetes
The CDC believes signs could seem wherever from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are normally unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 ft).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated individual coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close by or presumably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some current research have advised that COVID-19 could also be unfold by people who find themselves not exhibiting signs.
Help cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Stay house when you find yourself sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use totally different utensils and dishes
- Cover your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- If you utilize a tissue, throw it within the trash.
Find a Testing Location
City officers advocate getting a COVID-19 take a look at should you expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or problem respiratory, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
San Antonio operates a number of no-cost testing places, together with two walk-up places open Monday-Sunday from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m.:
Cuellar Community Center
5626 San Fernando St.
San Antonio, TX 78237
Ramirez Community Center
1011 Gillette Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78224
Additionally, Freeman Coliseum presents drive-through no-cost testing from Monday by way of Sunday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. An appointment is required and might be made both online or by calling (833) 213-0643.
Here’s a Testing Sites Locator that can assist you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.