LOS ANGELES, CA — As the weekend wraps up, we have rounded up all of the tales you’ll have missed Saturday and Sunday to organize you for Monday.
But earlier than we leap into the Southland’s prime tales, Golden State residents ought to know that the state gave the inexperienced mild for commencement ceremonies to renew, however with some vital modifications. For instance, grads could be discouraged from cap throwing, exchanging flowers or hugging at graduation ceremonies this year.
The state additionally launched extra steerage on theme parks, that are allowed to reopen Thursday. Some excellent news for parks like Disneyland, indoor rides might be allowed to reopen — however rides should be beneath quarter-hour lengthy, masks should be worn and visitors must line up exterior.
Also, hundreds rallied behind Asian and Pacific Islander communities in demonstrations everywhere in the Golden State this weekend to name for an finish to a surge in discrimination and violence. The largest demonstration unfolded in Koreatown, the place greater than 1,000 gathered on Saturday.
“Many Asian Americans have felt invisible for many years,” Steve Kang, vice chairman of Korean American Federation of Los Angeles, informed Patch on Saturday. “Our issues are never front and center.”
What’s extra, amid ongoing vaccine provide challenges, the state expects to open eligibility to each Californian by April 15. As of Sunday, the state had administered a complete of 17,136,841 vaccine doses.
From Echo Park’s controversial closure in Los Angeles to a paraglider injured in San Jacinto — listed below are the highest Southern California tales you might need missed this weekend.
Paraglider Injured After Hitting Hilltop North Of San Jacinto
- A helicopter rescue operation was launched after a paraglider struck a hilltop close to the Soboba Indian Reservation.
Higher Temperatures, Sunny Skies Expected For San Diego County
- Higher temperatures and sunny skies have been anticipated throughout San Diego County this weekend.
1,000+ March In Koreatown To ‘Stop Asian Hate’
- Angelenos and public figures rallied behind Asian American and Pacific Islander communities in Los Angeles on Saturday. See the images.
Sharon Osbourne Out At ‘The Talk’ Amid Meghan Markle Controversy
- Osbourne is leaving the present after 11 years within the wake of an issue that erupted over her protection of feedback made by Piers Morgan.
CA OK’s Indoor Rides At Theme Parks, But Guests Must Mask Up
- As coronavirus instances stay low within the Golden State, officers are loosening and reshaping restrictions on theme parks.
Man Shot Dead In L.A.’s Windsor Hills Community
- A person was shot lifeless in a neighborhood of the Windsor Hills group early Saturday morning.
Echo Park Closed, Repair And Renovation Project Proceeds
- Echo Park Lake was closed Saturday morning, with the final of greater than 200 folks experiencing homelessness eliminated.
Escaped Murderer In Ohio Being Sought In Los Angeles Area
- One of probably the most needed fugitives within the United States is being sought within the Los Angeles space after escaping from an Ohio jail in 1973.
RivCo Reports Another Drop In Coronavirus Hospitalizations
- Riverside well being officers are urging residents to fight “vaccine hesitancy.”
Suspect Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of Man In Orange County
- A 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of homicide in reference to the taking pictures demise of a 45-year-old man at a cellular dwelling park.
Lane Closures In Beaumont Scheduled This Week For I-10 Tune-Up
- Beginning Sunday night, motorists on Interstate 10 between Beaumont and the Coachella Valley are more likely to encounter site visitors delays.
Man Says He Was Wrongfully Fired For Complaints Against Petco
- The claims within the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit embody wrongful termination, whistleblower retaliation and hostile work atmosphere.
Lake Elsinore Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Minor Arrested
- The suspect was booked into the Murrieta Southwest Justice Center on suspicion of rape and illegal intercourse with a minor.
Pair Say Protests Over Lack Of PPE Got Them Fired
- The swimsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in opposition to Grupo Estrella LLC alleges wrongful termination and whistleblower retaliation.
Orange County Could Move Into The Orange Tier This Week
- The variety of coronavirus sufferers in hospitals has continued to say no together with case charges in Orange County.
Councilman Gil Cedillo Launches ‘Get Vaccinated’ Campaign
- To encourage Latinx seniors within the First Council District to get a vaccine, LA City Councilman Gil Cedilla launched “Get Vaccinated” effort.
Fire Crews Battle Blaze At Abandoned ‘The Riverside’ Building
- Firefighters responded to a fireplace at an deserted constructing in Lake Elsinore early Saturday morning.
SD Comic Con To Hold In-Person Convention Thanksgiving Weekend
- Organizers for the San Diego Comic Con have set dates for an in-person occasion and stated the group has suffered a dire loss in income.
City, SD Unified Leaders Urge Responsibility Over Spring Break
- As San Diego’s largest faculty system progressively reopens from shutdowns final year, metropolis leaders cautioned college students to keep away from gatherings.
CA Leads In Pedestrian Deaths In Early Pandemic Days
- As harmful driving behaviors elevated through the COVID-19 pandemic, so did the variety of pedestrians killed, a brand new report says.
No Handshakes: CA To Allow Modified Graduation Ceremonies
- Graduation ceremonies might lastly return a year into the pandemic as California launched steerage on how one can host graduation safely.
California coronavirus knowledge as of Sunday:
- 3,562,191 confirmed instances thus far.
- 2,998 newly recorded confirmed instances Saturday.
- 1.7% is the 7-day positivity rate.
- 53,384,553 exams have been carried out in California.
- 57,746 COVID-19 deaths have been reported because the begin of the pandemic.
- 17,136,841 vaccine doses have been administered statewide.