Here is right now’s COVID-19 replace from the County Health and Human Services Agency with information via Oct. 20.
- San Diego County’s state-calculated, adjusted case rate is presently 7.0 per 100,000 residents. Limit for Tier 2, the Red Tier, is 7.0.
- The testing positivity proportion is 3.3%, inserting it in Tier 3 or the Orange Tier.
- The state’s well being fairness metric seems on the testing positivity for areas with the bottom wholesome situations.
- The County’s well being fairness testing positivity proportion is 5.5. This metric doesn’t transfer counties to extra restrictive tiers however is required to advance.
- The California Department of Public Health will assess counties on a weekly foundation, with the subsequent report scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 27.
Community Setting Outbreaks:
- Six new group outbreaks had been confirmed on Oct. 20: two in enterprise settings, two in restaurant settings, one in a healthcare setting and one in a restaurant/bar setting.
- In the previous seven days (Oct. 14 via Oct. 20), 32 group outbreaks had been confirmed.
- The variety of group outbreaks stays above the set off of seven or extra in seven days.
- A group setting outbreak is outlined as three or extra COVID-19 instances in a setting and in folks of various households over the previous 14 days.
- 10,449 assessments had been reported to the County on 20, and the share of latest laboratory-confirmed instances was 3%.
- The 14-day rolling common proportion of constructive instances is 2.8%. Target is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, day by day common of assessments is 10,729.
- People with and with out signs who’re at increased threat for COVID-19 needs to be examined. Health care and important employees also needs to get a take a look at, in addition to individuals who had shut contact to a constructive case or dwell in communities which are being extremely impacted.
- 263 new instances had been confirmed amongst San Diego County residents on Oct. 19. The area’s complete is now 53,263.
- 3,800 or 7.1% of all instances have required hospitalization.
- 879 or 1.7% of all instances and 23.1% of hospitalized instances needed to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- Six new COVID-19 deaths had been reported in San Diego County on Oct. 20. The area’s complete is now 863.
- Four males and two girls died between Oct. 16 and Oct. 20, and their ages ranged from mid-50s to late 90s.
- All had underlying medical situations.
The extra detailed information summaries discovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website will probably be up to date round 5 p.m. right now.